Monday, January 5, 2009

That No Man May Boast

January 4th, 2009
Judges 6-8

My Notes:
So much in life does not depend on us, God has created us and mapped out our life before we were even born. So to take it on our shoulders allowing stress and or the pride of doing it yourself is just silly and not what God intended for us...

Ephesians 2 8-10 (one of my favorite and heavily highlighted passages)
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Our focus needs to be on God once it shifts our point of view shifts the weight falls back on us.

It is by God's grace, and God's grace alone.

Judges 6
Where Israel is brought low and humbled and God tests Gideon. Gideon is talking to God "...My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family..." It does not matter your appearance, your size or your position here on earth. God has a plan for your life that is all that matters. Are you on track to hear when God asks something of you and reveals things that He has been doing in your life to give Him glory?

James 4:13-17 Now listen you who say" today or tomorrow we will go to this city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, "It it's the Lord's will, we will do this or that." As it is, you boast and brag. All such boasting is evil. Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.

One thing were taught to add to our vocabulary growing up was "the Lord's will be done" when praying or just talking about the future. As a mother, wife and woman that loves the Lord I feel this: As for me and my house we will pray about everything, be anxious for nothing and ask that the Lord's will be done in all circumstances in our lives to bring Glory to Him. That is not always easy, and it is not always the very first quote that comes to mind, I am not going to lie. BUT in every circumstance, once I get my head out of my a** I am able to hear the gentle nudge from the Lord reminding me to give it back to Him... once I do of course He swoops in taking back control and beautiful miracles happen.

See past blogs for some examples and lessons learned...

No comments:

Post a Comment