Saturday, January 3, 2009

Being Poor

Being poor is a newer fear for me but a very difficult one to swallow. It is no the pride factor of not having what someone else might have. I am terrified of being poor because I am used to getting what I want. Growing up I was not handed anything and I worked hard most everything I had. My parents never dished out money for cars, and school, and things like many of my friends parents did. I would not change that for anything! What is hard now in the present day is not working for money. I work, I actually work harder now then ever before... and supervising at a bank at 21 is not simple task... but I do not get a paycheck at the end of two weeks, or any week for that matter! So I have to rely on my husband, which is not what I am good at or used to. It is hard finding ways to make "my own" money so I can guiltlessly buy a t shirt or make up when I want to. Being Poor scares be because it forces me outside of my comfort zone. It pushes me to budget and trust completely on the Lord at least two weeks out of every month since moving to California over two years ago... I am working on not being afraid or worse, stressed from lack of funds and fully giving it to the Lord. He has never not provided, I know He is there for us. Immanuel!!!
Being poor is one of my fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment