Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cont Missions Trip


My oh my this is so much fun reminiscing over the trip and all of the memories made... so in the window Jessi wrote my quote of the weekend. I would wave to everyone that went by (I was so excited to just be there, I could not help myself and for once could care less what they might have thought about me... it was very freeing and powerful for me) so I would wave and of course flash my smile at everyone. Then if I had a chance to speak with them, I would say "gracias" or "adios." But then I would add to the end "Vaya Con Dios" (back story) when I was growing up we would say to one another "vaya con dios" but in english we said "Jesus be with you" So to be fair I KNOW that "vaya con dios" translates "God with God" but to ME when I am saying it, in my heart I am telling them "Jesus be with you!" All of mexico probably thinks I am "LOCO" but oh well!!! Everyone in the car had a good laugh when I explained this to them... it makes sense to me though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment