Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cont Missions Trip










Random photo to most... but for Jessi (my new best friend and long lost kindred spirit) and me it is yet another picture of a cross. From the moment the trip started the word CROSS was put on my heart.(still not sure why) Dee the handywoman rockstar I mentioned before was telling me story before we got in the vehicles and headed South. She explained that she collects crosses. She has them all over her home. That she has a favorite one her daughter had gotten her. Then she goes on to tell me that the Lord had put on her heart to bring a cross for the family we were going to build the house for as a house warming gift. She said she immediately thought of her fav cross but thought no I will go buy one instead. Well after shopping she found one that she said "would work" but still was not feeling it. She wrapped up the newly bought cross and placed it in her pillow case. Then a few moments later tossed her pillow aside to get to something else, forgetting about the brand new cross. The cross broke into pieces and she said, "I got it Lord, I know what I need to do." So she so selflessly brought and had everyone sign the back of her favorite cross and generously gave it to the family.... great story to start off the trip! So having the word CROSS confirmed, Jessi and I thought it would be fun to keep out eye out for crosses the whole trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment