Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Cont Missions Trip










Well I mentioned before that I was grateful for growing up in the outdoors and being prepared for it all... well the showers we had available to us were a first for me. When we camp we usually dont shower or just dump buckets over our heads. When we raft we grab some shampoo and jump in the river. Well this shower was a whole new version. The big blue barrels outside the white wall catches and holds the water. You grab a USED 2 gallon water jug with a hole in the top and dip it into the blue barrel filling your jug or jugs. Then bring them in and CAREFULLY get them up on top of the 2x4s that are hung by rebar inside the roofless walls. The water is not too clean so you have to be careful to keep it out of your eyes and mouth... but other than that it is the most refreshing and inspiring shower I have ever taken. I thoroughly enjoyed it and even went back to take another in the dark and take more photos... more than anything I was just thankful to have another first under my belt!

No comments:

Post a Comment