Friday, March 27, 2009

All I Need Is Jesus Ch 3

Ch 3 I have pride issues

Q#1 Can you think of a situation where pride has led to your downfall?

Not specifically, but pride is a sneaky area for me. She writes about befriending "needy" people. That spoke to me. I want to be filled up and encouraged by those I spend my time with. I am learning that instead of unfriending the "needy or not so fun to be around people in my life, I need to pray about who God wants me to spend my time with. then be prepared through prayer that many of those people may not be who I would choose.

Q#2 What areas do you struggle with pride?

I like to be in control and plan ahead. I am often humbled when the Lord takes me a different direction then I expected.

Q#3 Using the definition of humility, recognizing yourself for who you really are, how do you define yourself?

Bossy, stubborn, Stuck in MY ways, always attempting to hold the reigns.

Q#4 How does the fact that Jesus love you, just as you are, change your view?

I am learning to use my stronger characteristics like bossy and always leading for good and not bad. Just being aware that I have certain characteristics is a huge difference. I am learning to pray more and not just OFFER the Lord the reigns to my life in worship and prayer but actually give them over to Him. Because through His love and meeting me where I am at, imperfections, short comings and all, I am humbled that He loves me enough to forgive me over and over and over. Everlasting unconditional love is so powerful and an area in my life I really need the Lord to meet me at and share the burden of the yoke with Him, my Heavenly Father.
Matthew 11:28-30
Then Jesus said,"Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. let me teach you, because I am humble and gently, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden i give you is light."

No comments:

Post a Comment