Sunday, June 6, 2010

Water Baptism


Water baptism, we have all heard the phrase before, maybe even been baptized as a child. But I am being challenged to take it to another level. The level where God intended it to be. Today I am journaling about water baptism. It is something the Lord has been stirring up inside of me for about 8 months now. Well the opportunity has come to act on it. With what I have been through in the last 8 months I know for a fact that my time is now. Sunday June 13, 2010 I am getting baptized. This journaling is a reminder for myself and a way to put into words what I am feeling and experiencing the week leading up to my baptism. I want to share what it means to me. Before I do something so special I want to fully understand what I am in for and what is expected of me. This week I will go deeper with the intent of fully understanding what baptism is and what Gods true intentions are when he asks us to give ourselves completely to Him. So I am starting with what baptism really means to me personally.
BAPTISM: ceremony of union, the beginning.
BAPTIZO: completely changed by what it is immersed in, a permanent change.
BAPTO: dip into something
(from a sermon by Justin Rupple)
For me it is time. I am going to completely let go. I am going to let go of my self centered life. Completely break from a life of sin. I am going to place Christ as the head of my life. I am going to celebrate becoming one with Christ. I am celebrating my passionate love for my heavenly father and stepping in to a union with Him. Just like a marriage where two become one. In return, I am expecting God to change my mindset, completely consume me. I am trusting that He will use me to be His hands and feet, shining a light for others to follow to Christ. I am expecting to be transformed like the caterpillar that turns into a butterfly and will never be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment