Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day two

Day TWO of preparing for my baptism...
Last night the Lord brought me to a passage. At first I was not sure that it was very applicable, but I should have known better. When I ask in faith He never fails me. So I faithfully read on.
Joshua 7:13 stood out to me and this is what spoke to me.
The NIV version says this: "Go, consecrate the people. Tell them, 'Consecrate yourselves in preparation for tomorrow; for this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: That which is devoted is among you, O Israel. You cannot stand against your enemies until you remove it.

Consecrate: to devote, declare scared, set apart or dedicate to the service of a deity
Deity: God, Supreme being
Devoted: loyalty or affection, ardent in attachment, intensely devoted.
Ardent: passionate

The new living translation says this: "Get up! Command the people to purify themselves in preparation for tomorrow. For this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: Hidden among you, O Israel, are things set apart for the LORD. You will never defeat your enemies until you remove these things from among you.

I like the use of the word "purify... in preparation for tomorrow." Things that were set apart for God are being used or taken in vain and before God can use me I must change and or remove these things... Now I am just trusting the Lord to show me what these specific THINGS are that I need to remove from my life. Only then can I give myself completely to him. Our pastor has been talking about building your foundation upon the solid rock. Removing every last particle of sand between us and the foundation so that we will not be rocked when test and trials come our way. They are very similar and very true.

Dear Jesus,
Thank you for being the same yesterday, today and forever. Thank you for being faithful even when I am faithless. Lord I call upon you asking for ears to hear and eyes to see. I want to hear you. Make your word come alive to me. I want to be your friend, you said that if I do what you command I will "no longer be your servant but your friend" (in John 13:13-17) I want to walk side by side with you and have a more intimate relationship with you. The better I understand you the better I know and love you. That is my prayer. Continue each day to reveal something new to me. Keep it fresh each day. I will not let a single day go by with out drawing near to you. Seeking your will for my life. May you be in everything I do and everything that I am. I love you Jesus, thank you Jesus.
Amen

1 comment:

  1. I love to read your blogs. This is very inspiring.
    Love you lotz!

    ReplyDelete